Quality Custom Roofing LLC Flat Foam SPF Shingle Tile Polyurethane Foam
It's critical that you inspect your roof. Roof maintenance is often ignored and small problems with a roof can lead to some of the most costly home repairs.
Call Us Today for Roofing in Scottsdale!
Roof Maintenance Tips: What to look for
All Types of Roofs
- Clean all debris from the surface of the roof. This includes debris that has gathered behind HVAC units and any other roof penetrations. Debris has a tendency to hold water and water will expedite roof deterioration.
- Trim any branches that hare hanging over the roof to prevent damage and debris from accumulating on your roof.
- Keep all gutters, downspouts, drains and scuppers free of all debris. You can water test them to make sure they are draining properly.
- Inspect metal areas for rust.
- Inspect all flashings and make sure that they are not deteriorated.
- Check the mortar/stucco around chimneys and parapet walls.
Asphalt Shingles/Wood Shakes/Shingles
- Look for missing, damaged or curling shingles and any other signs of wear and tear.
Built-Up Roof and Modified Bitumen Roofs
- If your roof has gravel surfacing look for bare spots that will allow debris and water to gather.
- Check for blisters in the roof. DO NOT STEP ON OR PUNCTURE THEM.
- With a single-ply roof you have only one layer of protection, so if a nail head gets stepped on and penetrates that one layer, there will eventually be a leak.
- Check the seams to make sure they are not coming apart.
- Check the edge metal and make sure it is not separating at the seams.
- Check for bubbles and blisters in the roof. DO NOT STEP ON OR PUNCTURE THEM.
Sprayed Polyurethane Foam Roof (SPF)
- Keep an eye on any blisters you see. If they get large enough that they split open, you will need a contractor to repair them. DO NOT STEP ON OR PUNCTURE THEM.
- Look for any splits, punctures or other forms of damage to the roof surface.
- Any yellow exposed foam should be covered with elastomeric coating. Polyurethane foam roofs require regular maintenance and recoats.